Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 4.0.3 Serial Number Checking

kupa opened this issue on Aug 01, 2000 ยท 63 posts

MartinC posted Wed, 18 April 2001 at 3:04 AM

Steve, I completely and utterly back every reasonable attempt to protect your rights, but - frankly - this is a nightmare. I give you an example: I made the mistake to buy the German RDS 5.0.2 in MetaCreation times. Sadly, it crashes with OS 9, so MetaC did a 5.0.4 patch fixing it, but only for the US version. Then they exploded within a day. Since then, I'm locked - no German 5.0.4 patch, no 5.5 upgrade any longer, no MetaC support, no new owner of RDS. OK, this is my risk with every software - the company might crash. At least I can boot with OS 8.6 till the end of times and use RDS there. However, your plans are worse. Believe me - my hopes & wishes for the success of CuriousLabs are overwhelming, and I wish you the best of luck for eternity. But this is the real world, and you might crash by the next weekend - and then zillions of Poser users are stuck whenever they need a new harddisk? Do you expect us to pray for a pirate then, who will crack it for us??? I have never seen a community like this before - whenever someone tries to cheat you, there is a public outcry and the vast majority of Poser users tries to protect and assist you in your fight against warez and piracy. Please don't pay honest users back by kicking them this way. I never used block letters for a whole sentence before, but I do it now: PLEASE RE-CONSIDER THIS STRATEGY, OR THE RESULTS MIGHT BE DISASTEROUS! With the best wishes, MartinC