Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 4.0.3 Serial Number Checking

kupa opened this issue on Aug 01, 2000 ยท 63 posts

MartinC posted Wed, 18 April 2001 at 3:32 AM

PS: Apart from a private end-user's fears, I've forgot to mention another very serious issue. From my experience, Poser is already used by a great number of serious 3D artists, and it is constantly growing from once-toy into already-pro. Many 3D professionals have deadlines, and they need reliable protection - often they have a 24 hour hardware insurance, which guarantees immediate replacement in case of a crash, because otherwise they might be liable to significant penalties. Do you think they will trust that your server is always online and working? We all know how often servers are down, we all know how often the Zygote/DAZ server is down the whole bloody weekend, whenever they release a new Vicki on Friday evening...!!! :-) I can't think of a single serious worker who would entirely rely for good & desaster on such a thing completely out of your own control. This scheme might work for a computer game which is hip today and forgotten in two months, but it may well be the end of Poser as a professional tool used by professional companies.