Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: Looking for a good 3-D magazine

jhustead opened this issue on Aug 07, 2006 ยท 22 posts

aRtBee posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 4:50 AM

hi James (and all others),

I'm subscribed to 3DCreative as well as 3D World both from issue 1 on, and my note is ... it depends.

3DW is better on news, the industry, the schools, the studio's, new hardware and software, presents a CD with demo's and a freebie (half of them can be downloaded from the net as well) and contains basic tut's into the CD software. There is some (understandable) UK/US bias in its contents.

3DC's interviews are much more "on the person itself" from studio bosses to talented newbies, and the articles and tutorials on modelling (cars and creatures) and texturing are brilliant at the advanced amateur / beginning pro level. No CD's, but much cheaper than 3DW.

When you decide for the 3DC option, my recommendation is to get all the back-issues as well, keep the e-mail with the order- and delivery details, and go fot the Jane of Arc tutorials (or ask the staff for access).

regards,
aRtBee

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though