Forum: Bryce

Subject: Hot 20 replacement?

AgentSmith opened this issue on Jul 14, 2006 ยท 64 posts

Hythshade posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 8:42 PM

Yeah but Rudy you are the exception rather than the rule. You are gonna get your art noticed no matter where you post. That's not the case for alot of other people. I guess I really have it backwards what I said anyway. At least here at Rendo one of the only ways to get noticed for many Brycers is the top 20. I wasn't thinking of it like that when I wrote what I said. I guess what I am addressing are the artists that really have a strong desire to get their work seen. You know as well as I you just can't limit yourself to Renderosity and it's top 20. You might luck out and get an assignment if a recruiter or publisher happens to stumble upon your work. But in the galleries where it's just a free for all, then getting individual attention is extremely dificult.

I agree these top 20/voting things all have the same problems at any gallery that implements them. Even the juried galleries where they limit the uploaders all suffer from the same exact issues. Renderosity has been great for building my confidence levels in my abilities, and the sense of community is appealing as well. But, it hasn't yeilded many assignments, at least not for me. For that I have to rely on my own marketing skills.