Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Postwork

Dryden opened this issue on Jul 13, 2006 · 20 posts

Elfdaughter posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 11:47 AM

Quote - It doesn't matter how you choose to create an image or what methods you use. 3D apps, 2D apps, scanned drawings, photo's, blood, sweat, coffee, whatever. Throw it all in if you have to. If the image looks good, it looks good, no matter what road you choose to get there.

Agreed!  Art is art is art - no matter how you get there.  As long as YOU are satisfied, that's all that matters.  If you were doing a commission, and the person you were doing it for wanted it done in a specific way, then that would be a different matter, but let's be honest.  We do art for our own satsifaction and enjoyment.  If you feel more comfortable doing postwork than with playing around with lighting in Daz, then go with the postwork.  There is no 'right' or 'wrong' way in art - there are just different approaches.  I've been technically working in the 'wrong' way for years, first with pencil and 'traditional' pieces, and then in the past few months or so with digital - but I enjoy the way I do it, and that's all that matters to me.