Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 6 no longer works after upgrade to Athlon 64

drey99 opened this issue on Aug 05, 2006 ยท 27 posts

InverseSpline posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 3:00 PM

Quote - I am completely sold on dual-core processors so much so that my next mother board build will have one. Even if poser does not use more than 2 GB of ram that fact that you can have poser rendering on one core while the other core handles the other programs running is outstanding.

It would be very exciting to see a 64-bit poser 7 program that would take advantage of dual-core, higher GB RAM machines.l

The good news is that dual-core is relatively cheap nowadays, and I personally believe that dual/multi-core will eventually replace single-core CPUs. Dual/multi-core will become standard. I also think it's nice to see that 8 GB RAM capacity is becoming more widespread on 'mainstream' motherboards. RAM prices have also fallen considerably, so it could be interesting to see how things look like in a few years. I expect to run a 64 bit OS like Vista Premium/Ultimate (which reportedly needs at least 1 GB RAM to run smoothly) and perhaps a 64 bit version of Poser that would make my workflow a bit easier in terms of memory needs.