Forum: Community Center

Subject: Art Charts again.

Lampy opened this issue on Aug 14, 2006 ยท 3 posts

svdl posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 11:52 AM

Alas, can't be done. There is currently no way to collect data about freestuff credits. There is no way to credit someone who is not a merchant here.

Some merchants also produce freebies, and those can be credited using the controls in the gallery upload page. But ONLY renderosity merchants will get credited. Off-site merchants and non-commercial freebie providers are left out in the cold.

You're right about freestuff being extremely important. I've bought quite a bit of content over the years, but still over half of my 3D object/texture library consists of freebies.

If freebie credits were possible, and freebie credit data were collected, I'm fairly certain that Kozaburo would be #1 on the combined list of freebies and commercial items.!

Ah, but there's no money to be made from freebie providers. So I would be VERY surprised if the PTB made it possible to credit them. It has been asked before, maybe dozens of times.

The only thing we have is the Freebie Provider of the month - sometimes. There hasn't been one since mysticnights, in May AFAIK.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff