Forum: Community Center

Subject: Hey, is this professional and all?

MikeJ opened this issue on Aug 12, 2006 · 59 posts

MikeJ posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 7:18 PM

Quote - @mikej, Is your main concern that this is a texture for a woman or that this texture represents injury? Just as a general thought I don't equate 'injury' to abuse or torture. I've watched many many flicks where the hero was hurt or injured in the course of being a hero (Leeloo Dallas of "The Fifth Element" and Eowyn and Frodo (and a bunch of others) from "The Lord Of The Rings" come quickly to mind). I agree that the texture could be used by those who are bent toward the perverse, but frankly I can't think of anything involved in Poser that couldn't be twisted if desired. I will put forth that I'm glad someone out there is sensitive to the abuse of people - I despise that as well.

I have to say, interesting derailment that happened here....

My main concern is pretty much what I already typed. It's already there and hasn't been disapeared, so I'm not going to repeat myself.
I don't have any particular aversion to violence in entertaintment such as movies, nor in imagery when it makes sense.   But, consider the promo shots. I look at something like that, and it reminds me of stories of rapists and such who have beat up and mutilated their victims then forced them to pose for pictures for his archives.
In other words, it's the presentation. I see it as unsuitable for here, based on what we've been told over the years.
I don't see it as being conducive to the type of image this site has been trying to maintain, and I see it as a nod toward an attitude of "anything goes, as long as it makes money".

Likje I said, C&D, the OT Forum, The Virtual Tavern, and The Den were all forums which were deleted because they were too controversial...very political and not "nicey-nice" enough. I believe it was alluded to that they detracted from the attempted professionalism of this site; they were percieved as being offensive and had no place here.

Well, it's my opinion that this type of content has no place here, hence my outburst.

And to answer your (sort of) question, yes I am vehemently opposed to violent crime against women in particular, and am just as opposed to the depiction of it in the context of someone's twisted fantasies.
Perhaps such imagerey would not be allowed here, but if it's a product for sale, it's welcomed with open arms.