Forum: Community Center

Subject: slow site,multiple comments and dial up..suck..

Primal opened this issue on Aug 21, 2006 · 88 posts

svdl posted Mon, 21 August 2006 at 8:59 PM

I've used tracert and pathping before, when 'rosity was responding slowly or not at all. Times varied, between about 100 and 300 ms, all reasonable values.. Which means that it's NOT a RTT problem.

The amount of users logged in doesn't seem to have any relation to the speed of the site. Time of day also doesn't seem to matter.

I can't help wondering wether someone is monitoring performance logs?

Usually the site is reasonably fast (not lightning fast, and no faster than before the changeover), sometimes it's excruciatingly slow.

Pure performance is one side of the issue. Usability is another. And here I'm with Bill; by simply applying the bascs of usability design this site could be so much better... Single page comments/forum posts, lessening the load on the server, lessening the amount of network traffic, lessening the amount of clicks by the user.... Does it really has to be spelled out every time?

I teach computer programming, networking and hardware at a polytechnical. And right now I'm using Renderosity as an example of how NOT to do things.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff