Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: attn bagginsbill - procedural bruising?

PapaBlueMarlin opened this issue on Aug 18, 2006 · 87 posts

Dead_Reckoning posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 6:05 PM

Quote - I'm not sure what's going on with Parmatic not copying the dial setting to your shader. Is it just this one parameter or are others not updating? All of them?

When I attempted to add Add(.05).labelled("PM:Granite"), it wouldn't let me. It said I was allowed only five(5) Arguments.

Attempted to add it where? Which parameter are you trying to feed PM:Granite into?

Earlier you asked about the seam. The problem is that the test for nearness to cx, cy fails when one of those coordinates gets to the edge of the unwrapped figure. The other edge, which is physically right next to it in 3d space, is far away in UV space. There is a pretty simlple formula for doing the "wraparound" test when in UV space the figure brings U=0 next to U=1, but the body coloring doesn't span the whole UV space. Look at the texture map. You'll see that the same is not at the edge of the image and it's curved. That would be a lot of math, probably more trouble than it's worth.

Much easier would be to do two bruises, one for the left side of the map and one for the right. Merge them together the same way one bruise is merged with the original color. Just repeat.

A. It seems to be just the Bruise Dial

B. I added it in the string with the other PM Dial assignments. What I wanted to do is control the strength of the Granite.

Thanks for the Information on the seam. I undrerstand it. im my world 0 deg North & 180 deg East would be next to 0 Deg North & 180 deg West, 

Now the question: do I basically do another statement or two or four with a different name and co-ordinates in the same script?

Many Thanks

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson