Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: attn bagginsbill - procedural bruising?

PapaBlueMarlin opened this issue on Aug 18, 2006 · 87 posts

Dead_Reckoning posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 5:31 AM

> Quote - Did you define it first? I quote myself: > > *To add a parameter to the function we could do this:* > > *def ApplyBruise(s, cx, cy, br, maxblend, graniteamount):* > > ***Then** inside we have to figure out how to *use* the graniteamount value* > > I'm beginning to wonder if you have rearranged things and didn't realize the significance of what you did. I'm still puzzled by the fact that your bruise won't show up. > > Post your latest script, and I'll review it in the morning. > >  

Good Morning Bagginsbill

The attached 1BruisetestA.mm1.txt.doc runs with No Errors in Matmatic. If I do not assing a value to Bruise Blend, the dial doesn't seem to work. Parmatic show no activity when i cahnge Dial Values. It works fine as long as I give it a value in the script.

I get an error if I do not assign a value to graniteamount.
If I Add this:def ApplyBruisePair(s, cx, cy, br, separation, maxblend, graniteamount):
      ApplyBruise(s, cx - separation/2, cy, br, maxblend, graniteamount)
      ApplyBruise(s, cx + separation/2, cy, br, maxblend, graniteamount)
I get an error.

I tried using your example: Clouds(RED, GRAY3) and was told that "Red" was not defined. I suspect it would also tel me that "Gray3" was not defined if it had continued on running.

I can follow this:

myNoiseNode = Noise()
myGraniteNode = Granite(myNoiseNode)

I guess I could do this:
myCloudsNode = Clouds(Red,Gray3)
myTurbulenceNode = Turbulence(myCloudsNode)
except I cannot get Matmatic to recognize the colors as defined.
myGraniteNode = Blend(Turbulence(myCloudsNode), Granite(myNoiseNode)

If I could get the Clouds Colors to work for me, how would I add that in the staement above?
I tried an extra set of brackets with no luck.

Thanks
DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson