Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question to Poser users - "Vue or Carrara?"

stormchaser opened this issue on Aug 23, 2006 ยท 54 posts

Dale B posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 6:21 AM

Shucks, and I didn't even get to mention the local windforce generators.... :/ Check out the Vue 6 showreel from Siggraph; Phoul did this with a -pre-beta- version of V6I. And Phantast is right; doing it this way 'breaks' the dependency on Poser, so you don't need any of the Poser app loaded to keep things working. Whether that holds for V6 is an open question; from all that has been said and not discussed over the boards, the V6 line is pretty much going to be a new beast, as so much of it has been either restructured or flat out rewritten (and the going consensus is that e-on probably got some help and feedback from ILM, who's taken to using Vue for background generation. Some 60 shots on the 'savages island' were actually done in hilly farmland, with the mattes done in Vue). That reminds me; I need to talk to Hogwarden, or one of the other Poser Python gurus. Mark Caldwell has written a .obj loader script for Infinite. It was to get Readyflow meshes of waterflow into Infinite during the rendering phase (loading obj 01, render, delete, load obj02, render, etc). If a similar app for exporting can be written for Poser, it could finally be possible to do a Metaform fluid sim and render it in Vue. Running water, anyone (granted, it would require the stream bed to be in Poser, but the end result could be well worth the setup time)? Maybe even small falls?