Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New test render: blending Poser with Background.

Boni opened this issue on Aug 25, 2006 · 16 posts

bagginsbill posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 10:39 PM

Really really good. But you asked for C&C, so here goes some nitpicky stuff.

Using IBL lighting (tweeking it a little with enhansed shadows on the ground plane). I assume you mean AO?

I think the AO on the girl is too strong, especially on her left thigh. I think I see a general darkening under the horse, which is right. The horse clearly seems anchored even though there is no distinct shadow.

I think you have the lighting very close to matching.  The drago and man blend great.

This is an overcast day, right? So we don't expect strong shadows nor strong highlights. So I'm bothered by the shine on her head. It's very localized like a spotlight is shinging on her. Is that painted into the texture? It's distracting.

The dragon's right wing membrane is semitransparent (I can see the trees through it). I'm not believing that. Needs to look more translucent than transparent. Although I guess I've never actually seen a dragon so maybe that's right ;-)

Again, very very good render.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)