Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: When is it a Poser piece?

zorares opened this issue on Aug 24, 2006 · 12 posts

tainted_heart posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 6:29 PM

Quote - > Quote - If the image is mostly of Poser content, it belongs in the Poser gallery whatever it was rendered in. The actual renderer is not really all that important (just as one doesn't categorize fiction according to what word-processor the author used).

Can you please give an accurate definition what Poser content is?

I mean, all figures/props used are derived from OBJ-files created with anything but Poser.

If Posers renderengine isn't used to make the final picture, it is only used to arange 3D-objects in a 3D-World.

Poser content is content created specifically created for use in Poser. Just because the product refers to an object file, does not eliminate it as Poser content. This does not mean the final render has to be done in Poser. My most recent image was created entirely in Poser. I set the scene, posed the figures, added clothing and props, and set up the lights. I saved it to .pz3 format and loaded it into Carrara 5 Pro only to take advantage of it's render features. That does not make it a Carrera image. I took the rendered image into Photoshop for postwork, that certainly didn't make it a Photoshop image.

Since we started out as a Poser community and have evolved into an art community, the galleries should focus on the art, not the software used to create it. We should have done away with the software association in the galleries a long time ago.

It's all fun and games...
Until the flying monkeys attack!!!