Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New test render: blending Poser with Background.

Boni opened this issue on Aug 25, 2006 · 16 posts

Boni posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 11:59 AM

AntoniaTiger, that sounds more complicated than what I do.  I've used hints from "Practical Poser 6" and "Poser 6 Revealed: The Official Guide".  The manual doesn't go into it as much for some reason.  I pop in a "close" IBL OA light set then tweek it for the shadows to match and the sun color to match and soften the shadows on the sunlight and IBL light.  I show the horizon line and line it up with the photo and then continue to tweek until I get what I want.  I like the chalange of doing as much as I can in the native program and then clean it up in post work. 

Acadia:  The techniques you mentioned are fantastic for pre-P6.  P6 takes the place of some of the previous work arounds that you mentioned.  Give it a try.  I'm finding it fascinating and it doesn't take nearly as long as you might think ... especally if you have a smooth "road" or flat ground you are putting your figures on.  I think that is the trick.  If you have rough torrain, objects that need to catch the shadows  then the other techniques are necessary.  But for a semi-flat ground I think this is working pretty well.  Everyone is right about the modern gravel roads ... but hea, that's what was in the photo and for now I figured it's a small price for the "experiment" I'm perfomring. 

Peace
Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork