Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question to Poser users - "Vue or Carrara?"

stormchaser opened this issue on Aug 23, 2006 · 54 posts

Tirjasdyn posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 5:04 PM

Quote - Merging Bryce and Carrara isn't a bad idea at all, I do like it, but throwing in D/S in it as well is a shame, imo.

It is, but what are you going todo?  DAZ doesn't support Poser anymore, at least not in any all encompassing way.  They still paint highlights on all their maps, which is nice for Poser 4 users..but for everyone else?

DAZ has repeatedly ignored pleas for any Poser integration.  What I mean is by poser intergration is this:  getting poser's features into Bryce, not just meshes, we can do that just fine without DS.  Foleypro's proclamation on the DAZ forum that we're all gonna love rendering all our animations in DAZ Studio once Bryce 6 is out seems silly at best.  I love rendering in Shade, Poser and Vue...and the features of Bryce are not competitve.  Will the be one day?  Who knows, all we ever hear is DAZ's favorite four letter word:  Soon. Which can mean anything from a day to years and years. 

I like the fact that Vue, Shade and Poser are stand alone apps as well as integrated apps.  It lets you piece together what you need.  Why go with Bryce when what I want can be had now?  Because we need to give DAZ time to learn how to program?  Don't make me laugh.

I love Bryce, I find the whole situation really bad.   They can bank on content till the cows come home...but it seems as if third party cows are the ones that carry them.  Ah well. 

Could the NDA be hiding all kinds of things that the new Bryce can do.  I really doubt it.

Tirjasdyn
http://michellejnorton.com