Forum: Vue

Subject: Ack! Newbie stuck with exporting issues

Calseeor opened this issue on Apr 19, 2001 ยท 22 posts

Fox-Mulder posted Fri, 20 April 2001 at 5:46 PM

Mike- that's really good to know. I have never tried that in Vue. I have gotten the exports from Bryce down, but I had never throught of trying it in Vue... This might work with Vue- In Bryce you can tilt the camera directly overhead (there is even a setup for this in Bryce) and using a neutral overhead light (its in the Bryce Skies) you can take an air-photo of the terrain, with all its altitude features, and then use that to map onto your mesh. This should give you a decent look, and you can re-add bump maps in Photoshop with grey-scale info... Or you can also take an overhead air-photo (render at fairly high-rez if you want details) with sun-angle, atmosphere effects- and use that, as long as your final shot- in say Lightwave or MAX, uses those same lighting angles. It can look surprising good. A lot of LW and MAX users use Bryce and Terragen this way, and I also use Vue this way too. I'm not a "purist". I use every trick in the book to get the scene I want. I have put Terragen skies in Bryce even, and also Vue skies... If I can find the website again, I can link you to a website where there are downloadable Sky-domes done in Bryce, that look really great in MAX. But what I want to do is import Vue and Terragen Skies this way- it takes a 360 degree render- which is then mapped inside the sky-dome, with the outside dome as single-sided (to be transparent)...