Forum: Carrara

Subject: Carrara 6 wish list ?

ddaydreams opened this issue on Aug 12, 2006 ยท 42 posts

nomuse posted Fri, 01 September 2006 at 3:00 PM

Functionality, consistency, control. Camera navigation should work the same in all windows. Camera navigation tools should rarely be pre-empted by other tools (I admit that's not always possible). Tools should show clearly when selected (instead of glowing a little after a second or two lag). Options to turn off previews, esp material and material room previews (when you are working with a handful of SSS-enabled shaders the redraw time when navigating material room becomes horrendous!) Option to maintain windows in last-used state, particularly UV mapper window. In fact, memory would be a good addition to many of the tools and functions; I would prefer if the majority of editors opened with last-used defaults with the option to reset to system default. Clicking over and over and over again in the weld pop-up, for instance.... _ Nudge controls. (And not just for camera). More hotkeys for common functions, identified if possible within the menu descriptions. Ability to add new hotkeys for personal frequent-used commands (forgive me if that is now there but I missed it). "Tear off" or another way to independently open and scale preview window while in another "room." Consistency in use of control, shift, alt across different rooms and different commands. And, certainly not last but last for this off-the-top-of-my-head list, fix the grouping-erase bug and the reversing-normals bug and the nil pointer bug! Oh...and could we please rethink the new modeling paradigm? Or at least implement it consistently and completely? As it is, basically you get warning boxes to click through and random extra faces you have to delete, but otherwise you continue modeling in the same way as before. And what exactly is the point of a "cancel" button that returns you to a corrupted mesh? (I have to add, because some people take it upon themselves to do damage control in the guise of being helpful, that I do not add words just to pad my sentences. When I say "independently open and scale" {the preview window} I do NOT mean "open a preview window." That function already exists. What is not currently possible is to have a free-floating, scaleable preview window large enough to see what you are doing, that doesn't block access to the rest of the pallet -- and that remembers where it was if you close pallet or change rooms.) (Corrections and help I will, of course, happily accept.)