Forum: Photography

Subject: September Photographers Choice Challenge Ideas...(formerly the monthly challenge

bclaytonphoto opened this issue on Sep 01, 2006 · 34 posts

bclaytonphoto posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 10:52 AM

Joe..the comment thing was was major sticking point in this to me..I agree...It made a way for the members to interact..

Which is why I'm not so sure making this one annonymous is the right choice..
If it was NOT annonymous...We could create a thread and let the members post a notice that they uploaded an image to the challenge.

As for comments by the poster of an image...that can still be done..I would encourage members to do just that.

"everyday life"  sure anyone can go outside and snap a few shots...But making it interesting is the challenge..

Someone suggested Wood as a theme..the same could be said for that...I could go take a shot of a stack of two by fours...not very exciting..

Now to go into the woods and tale a macro of some funky tree bark..that would be interesting..

This is just my opinion... anyone can take shots of an exciting subject and get the OHHH's and Ahhhs...But to take something mundane and turn it into art...that's an accomplishment..

One thing to remember is nothing is written in stone...if things don't work out this way..we can change it..It's really everyones forum...yes, there are and will be times when Danny and myself will have to make decisions that not everyone will like..But that's our job...and that's why we make the big bucks..(ha ha ha)

Let's see how everyone feels after this one, and we can take it from there..

Oh,,,yes..the header needs to be worked on..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook