Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Has anyone used Poser for storyboarding?

tgproductions opened this issue on Apr 20, 2001 ยท 8 posts

RadArt posted Fri, 20 April 2001 at 11:43 PM

Check out my comic, I did all the storyboarding for it in poser and then refined all those storyboards once they were all done, picking and choosing the best of the bunch once I felt I had a good "run". Takes up a LOT of harddrive space but works well, hundreds of files sometimes just to get 10 good scenes....look in the FREESTUFF in Misc. 3DComics..."Molly Mostly"...all preworked in poser via storyboarding like crazy and then finalized and further edited with post production work in photoshop. Once you get on a roll like this you build a knack and then poser becomes quite "fast" for this type of thing; I used to do it by hand, mostly marker, and found THAT took longer sometimes simply cause after a while your hand-eye co-ordination begins to play tricks after a while when your tired, this doesn't happen with poser; poser is a GREAT tool for storyboarding because of all the intricate camera angles at your disposal plus much, much more, it saves you oodles of time if you know what your after and it IS fast if you don't "set" looong renders; it only becomes sloow once you get into testing for lights, but even then the mere fact THIS too is at your disposal makes it even a wealthier commodity for doing this ;-)