Forum: Community Center

Subject: Hey, is this professional and all?

MikeJ opened this issue on Aug 12, 2006 · 59 posts

tainted_heart posted Mon, 04 September 2006 at 8:26 PM

Quote - I don't know if I could have attempted to make the point I wanted to without bringing up the past history of the site, since my whole point more or less revolved around a former trend which I now see as being reversed, at least to a certain extent.

The site history has little to do with how appropriate the images are, except in the context of what was appropriate then as opposed to what is appropriate now. You're initial post sounded very much like you have a problem with the way the site is being run and you were using the images in question to draw attention to some hypocrisy you see. If you're concerned about those images though, my suggestion would be to message or email ClintH, and point them out to him directly. By the way, zew3d posted the male versions of those images this weekend, are you as "concerned" about those as you were about the originals?

Quote - I do, however, find it almost kinda disconcerting that some people would rather argue the morality or  significance of it, as opposed to the question of whether or not it's appropriate, but at the same time I guess I have to realize that some of them may not fully realize that such things are in complete opposition to the direction us old-timers were led to believe said site was desiring to be.

Well, see, there's the rub Mike. It sounds even more like your issue is that the site went off in a different direction then you ("us old-timers") went along with however many years ago, and you're not happy about that. Times change Mike and things change with it.

The way things were vs the way things are just doesn't seem all that important anymore and all the prosletyzing and debating isn't going to change the "direction" the site is taking. Like it or not Tim and Tammy make the decisions taking into consideration whatever factors they feel are important to the business at any given point in time. That's part of the problem as I see it though, people forget Renderosity is a business and has been for a long time. What makes sense for a non-profit "community" forum may not make sense for a for-profit business. It's pretty easy to be an "armchair general" when you're not sitting in the driver's seat, don't see the business plan, and don't have anything at risk. Sure, it might be fun to debate then and now in the forum, and maybe "stir the pot" a bit, but the reality is that won't change things.

Personally, there are are too many "real world" issues to be concerned about than whether or not Renderosity is going in the same direction they started in years ago, but that's just my opinion.

It's all fun and games...
Until the flying monkeys attack!!!