Forum: The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Subject: What do YOU want in character packages

rebelmommy opened this issue on Apr 15, 2006 ยท 41 posts

tamathy posted Tue, 05 September 2006 at 10:46 AM

Um, what they said up there... Also... when you include a bonus texture for someone else's freebie, please tell me where to find it. Your bonus texture is useless as an incentive to me if I don't have the freebie & can't find it. Also make sure the freebie is still available. That's been frustrating for me. I want more ordinary, everyday faces, mostly for women, but especially for men. I like beautiful models, love Barbie & Ken, but SOMEBODY in the kingdom needs to be ordinary, ya know. So many ladies out there with bee-stung lips & overly made-up cat eyes. I've already got the stuff I need to turn V3 into a tramp-- give me a plain skin & a few normal makeup options. And ordinary doesn't necessarily mean ugly, but a few uglies here & there wouldn't hurt. Also some decent older face textures for both male & female characters, hair with grey streaks-- not just an all-platinum hair texture. Gotta have the wise elders in the clan. I don't use second skins for the most part. Thy don't look right, and only in a few cases have they been useful to me-- on School Babe Katie, she has a second skin bra & panty that peek out from her shirt & skirt. In this case the second skin clothing was perfect. In my gallery, I have a picture called Throne of the Fallen, where the shirt would have been better as a second skin since it's so hard to get sheer clothing to look right. I'm only on DAZ studio so I couldn't comment on displacement maps, etc. I use M3 the most simply because there is more available for him. I don't know how easy it is to do, but making packages for men that will work for both M3 and D3 would encourage me to use D3 a lot more than I do. There is enough stuff to turn male models into one of the Village People at this point too. Not that there's anything wrong with gay or homoerotic, but I'm tired of it & I want some good manly men to cuddle with my girls. I want masculine looks for the clothes, refined, manly, with options to turn off the darn ruffles if I don't want them. At this point, however, any male products would be welcome. I would also like to see more quality facial expressions. Whether included in a character pack, or a pack of expressions on its own, a good facial expression can really help set the mood in a compostion. I want more jewelry too, lots more... maybe packs of jewelry by itself.. (can't get enough of that wonderful shiny stuff...) and not just LOTR looking things. I would love to see some tiaras in the 19th century style, tiaras like Princess Diana wore that sit on top of the head, with a morph or two for a perfect fit. (Geoffrey Munn has a great book on tiaras called Tiaras: A History of Splendour that has a lot of great, high-quality pictures of what I'm talking about.) I don't just want a wire that wraps around the neck or head; I want sparkling stones on which I can reset the colors to anything I need. Ironically the closest thing I have been able to find is a $1.99 jewelry set for V1 at DAZ that I twist & resize to get something close to what I need. (I have a picture in my gallery called Winter Walk that illustrates this.) Many times a tiara is just a necklace turned upside down with the separate elements re-positioned so it will look right. Don't know how hard it would be, or what the market is for it, but you DID ask what we want in a pack... I'd better quit whil I'm ahead here... :-)