Forum: Bryce

Subject: The Flying Scotsman Project

TheBryster opened this issue on Sep 02, 2006 · 719 posts

danamo posted Tue, 05 September 2006 at 2:21 PM

@Conniekat8- Looks like a useful contraption! I suggest we send a truckload of 'em to Washington D.C. immediately! Might well be handy around here as well.

-"I haven't stipulated a particular scene - pov - compo - pic or whatever because I think it will be interesting to see how both Damano and myself envision this great locomotive"                                

I agree totally with this, (other than the misspelling of my moniker). I think I will model mine without the added "elephant ear" smoke deflectors you can see in some of the photos on the web. They make the locomotive look German somehow.

-"Danamo: As this is (I hope) a bit less 'cut-throat' than the Crystal Palace challenge I would love to see your reference links. I've searched for ages to get some kind of blue-print info but failed miserably. I'll e-mail my stuff to you if you want".

I also agree here. "Cutting throats" is not my style anyway. I'm more of a salt-and-lemon-juice-in-a-paper-cut kinda guy. I may gall and irritate, but we both live to 'fight" another day,LOL.  I'll send you a copy of the schematics and other links, just so we're both on a level playing field.

-"I think minimal postwork should be allowed. Bryce 5.5s output isn't a sharp as it could be in some cases. I'm hoping they'll improve on that in B6"

No arguments there*.* If we decide to add smoke and steam to our renders, it would be much easier to do so convincingly with the aid of postwork. I also am hoping that B6 will add improvements to the rendering of Volume materials.