Forum: Community Center

Subject: slow site,multiple comments and dial up..suck..

Primal opened this issue on Aug 21, 2006 · 88 posts

Unicornst posted Wed, 06 September 2006 at 6:49 PM

Quote - Cliff-dweller,

I understand your frustration, truly I do.  I wish I could magically make everyone happy but unfortunately I don't have the "magic" power to make that happen. I'm doing everything I can, I promise you that.

Stacey, we all here know this. But we also know that you alone do not run this site nor do you do the programming for it. What you get to do is to relay the massages from those who do run the site and who do the programming. Unfortunately, you are our only link to them. I say this because it's getting rare to see any of them on threads like this anymore. Not even to give the standard pat answer we, the users of the site, have heard a million times before. 

USERS: Site is still very slow? Why?
PROGRAMMERS: Runs like lighting for me. Must be your end.

USERS: I'm not getting my ebots correctly. Why?
PROGRAMMERS: Must be going into your spam or it's your ISP. We've fixed that already and we get them just fine.

USERS: I thought there were supposed to be improvements to the site, but things have gotten worse. Why?
PROGRAMMERS: There will be improvements as soon as the total conversion is complete. We just can't give you an estimated time frame for that.

Do you see the pattern? Renderosity has more than a few people asking the same questions on a daily basis practically and they are getting the same answers each and every time. Personally, I think I would like someone to change the record.

A front page poll was asked for and one person that works for Renderosity thought it a good idea. We can only assume by it's non-appearance that others at Renderosity didn't think it a good idea.

One page comments under gallery postings have been asked for and that was completely ignored in this thread. Not even addressed. Tsk, Tsk.

You want the "magic" to make everyone happy? Change the record. Start having these issues addressed directly by the programmers here. And be honest with us, the users. If the programmers say it's going to take another year, then tell us so we know what to expect. And stop hiding the complaints under the fairy dust of "Everything is fine. Must be your end."

Want to know the site speed on my end? I have two computers. One on dial-up and one on DSL. Guess what? I can load a page on the dial-up end almost as fast as the one on the DSL. I think there's like a 5 second difference. That's pretty bad.

Renderosity users do have intelligence. And they use it. Perhaps someone at Renderosity should pay attention to the suggestions made.

Now a message just for you, Stacey. You, personally, are great. You listen and you do what you can for the users. You stay calm and even coax up a smile or two. But, darlin'.... you are just one person. So none of this is addressed directly to you and you alone. I hope you know that.