Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 4 - the best app ever made

BillyGoat opened this issue on Sep 07, 2006 · 77 posts

Darboshanski posted Fri, 08 September 2006 at 7:30 AM

Personally, I like all the posers I have used (P2,P4 and P6). I will admit that I struggled a bit with P6 and am still learning things (I've only had the program for 4 months) but I really like what it can do, aside from the slow render times, and I'm really loving the the clothroom. However, I still wonder why if P6 is suppose to be so advanced that e-f kept the P4 render engine in the program?

But I have to say that Vue has really gotten my attention!  I love being able to render an image to look almost life like , I've gotten some really good renders with P6 however, I see Vue doing this more so than poser. I maybe buying Vue Espirit to use for a while and it's cheap right now the download version at the e-on site is $149 bucks so I just may end up purchasing it.

I do see the P4 content fading away I myself do not have P4 or 5 on my machine I just use the P4 render engine in P6 if I want to do multiple scenes and not wait until doomsday for them to finish. I will not go back to P4 I really like the things P6 does. I have also been toying with POV-ray and while it renders well and I do use it a lot it sometimes does not always import all the textures or props from my poser scenes. I am very much looking forward into what P7 will hold. I really hope it's a brand new build and not a patched up P6.

Cheers,
Micheál

My Facebook Page