Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: my gallery here will be closed

The3dZone opened this issue on Sep 07, 2006 · 333 posts

Acadia posted Fri, 08 September 2006 at 8:10 AM

Something just occurred to me.

From what I am getting from  Karen's  and MoriganShadow's posts is that the decision of "child" image is based purely on the subjective opinions of the site staff.

Is there no objective checklist  in place that the site staff use to evaluate these things or is it just based purely on "personal opinion"?  As a nurse when working with patients we have to use a great deal of  personal judgment, but we also have to validate it and we do that by relying on a list of key factors based on certain conditions in order to backup our "opinions".

I know for most site "staff" here, that they are helping out purely on a "voluntary" basis. However, that shouldn't preclude decisions being made on a tangible, fair basis.

I'd be interested in hearing what each site staff individual uses as their "personal guide" in determining "child" where an image is concerned.

Personal opinion is really meaningless, and not fair to the masses here.

Decisions should be based on "objective" findings; tangible things not "opinions".

An objective checklist could be something along the lines of:

1. Pose
  2. Face
  3. Skin Texture
  4. Hair Style (styles are not really age specific)
  5. Clothing
  6. Environment
  7. Breast size (I was 36C when I was 12 years old. My cousin who is 41 and has had 3 kids is nearly completely flat chested, so breast size is not indicative of age)

With each of those items the site staff needs to look at and evaluate what about the image gives the impression of "child"

I would venture a guess that most members here post images in their gallery in good faith, and to have someone tell them something along the lines of "in our personal opinion the image is 'child' and has been removed and you are officially warned/banned/etc" is just not fair!

With an objective checklist  the person can be advised what objectively it is about the image  that gives the impression of "child", and not just simply told that they are in violation of the TOS   because of personal opinion of site staff.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi