Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Don't leave us Poser 4 people out

BillyGoat opened this issue on Sep 07, 2006 ยท 45 posts

SaintFox posted Sat, 09 September 2006 at 1:02 PM

If you go for realism and want to make the most out of the stuff you buy you should go for the more advanced versions 5 and 6. I can see that if you just want to render a nude figure to have a base for painting than PP may be your solution (although you can use the P4 render engine in P5/P6 as well and it's still quick).

Yes, I know, getting started with something new is always frustrating in the beginning but what the heck? Do you want good images or quick results? I think the poser-merchants are the only one's in the whole software market that support a seven year old version and there are still a lot of new products each day that work with PP. Now that so many people own P5 (or will download it during the nexts days/week) I don't see any reson to stick on the very limited P4/PP with it's primitive material "room".

Is it really so much easier to import poser work from P4? If so: Good point! But as far as I know, the free DazStudio does the same - and it's free! And off of that I had never any problems to import P6 scenes to let's say C4D.

Sorry if I sound harsh in any way. But I heard too many times things like "Nice image, how did you do it? Ahh... 3 hours to set the whole scene up... okay... WHAT?? 3 hours to render it? No, thanks, I stay with my old tools and render more images in a shorter time!". I think the question is what you want: A software and tools that are able to render a flawless image that needs no or very few touchups or a toy for "the quick fun in between".
I've nothing against Poser 4, other than I don't have it.

...and if someone has it and really wants to make his products compatible and perfect for all versions it means making a bundle of mat-poses for each version, maybe adding .bum-files, caring for P4/PP that is not able to handle subfolders, testing in all versions , finding testers for all versions and, if you are very honest, making promos with all versions. I did this one time and produced a very large product (although I didn't make promos with PP). But after all I see that this was useless effort, as this product doesn't sell better or worse than "P6 only" or "P5/P6".

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls