Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Don't leave us Poser 4 people out

BillyGoat opened this issue on Sep 07, 2006 ยท 45 posts

SaintFox posted Sat, 09 September 2006 at 2:59 PM

let poser 4 go. it is obsolete.
Thanks!
Basically what I';m trying to say is that the biggest reason, in my opinion, that people are still stuck in the older versions, is that they don't realize just what they are missing, and that is largely the fault of the company making the porgram!
...and thanks!
and I go a step beyond and claim that many people stuck on an old-fashinoned and limited software because they refuse to learn something new, because they don't like to mess around with some new buttons, because they are afraid.
But this is nonsense. In fact you do not even have to enter the material room, most products still contain the mat-poses so all you have to do is click here and there and yourfigure is fully textured ready to pose.
Until last week there was the good and correct argument "I can't afford a better version". But this argument is out of date now.

The reproach to efrontier is fair, I think. It's a pity that the figures that come with P6 don't make use of it's features. And even as worse is the fact that P5 and P6 where released with so many bugs that it was indeed frustrating to use them until the first serial release came out. As far as I remember I couldn't use P6 at all until I got SR1. This makes people angry and it is understanable that they go back to the older version. And P7, fine, yes, I'd like to have it. But I wait with pleasure for another year and more if the developer is able to sell a fully working P7 - in other words: I really badly want that serial releases would be enhancements instead of massive bugfixes.
But however: I do not understand that someone buys a software for his hardly earned money, finds that it is buggy and puts it away forever. If you don't like it at all then ask for a refund. If you would like it without bugs then complain and ask for a bugfix. But why putting something in the shelf and forgetting about it when you have payed for it?! If you do the same with cars, refrigerators, coffee machines you'll need a lot of room to store your purchases - and you need a lot of money!

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls