Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Don't leave us Poser 4 people out

BillyGoat opened this issue on Sep 07, 2006 ยท 45 posts

SaintFox posted Sat, 09 September 2006 at 3:55 PM

Just make the little tweaks...

Okay, let's see what we can do:
First step: Make Miki and Jessi P4 compatible...
Second step: delete all these built in ambient occlusion nodes, detach the displacement, attach the bump to the new channel and adjust it, delete the glossy nodes, delete the anitrosophic shaders, adjust the transparancies, delete nearly every node from the eye-materials until it's dull and lifeless as a wood-eye.
Third step: make a good coffe and ponder about the best answer to
"the bump map doesn't look the same as in your promos, how can I get that look in P4!"
Lazy? Been there, done this. It took me another week because it was a character with many, many options. Did it pay off? Nope! Because no one wants to pay for the work you invest into a version that the customer doesn't use. Or do you like to pay for the extra-settings, bumps/displacements, for Subsurface scattering when you don't use the software that is able to handle them?
Why not split up the whole thing? Yes, that may be a solution but it leads back to the question "I saw an image with your product and there is this sheen/gloss/shadow. I want this too but the version I bought seems not to have this feature... can you help me?!".

I'm not whining at all - I only dare to say that I indeed forgot about P4. Insolent? I don't think so. I have a claim on the quality of my products and the products that I buy myself. If you are able to build... let's say a really realistic fur for an animal. Would you make it flat and dull instead because some customers cling to a software that doesn't support your fur? And more than this: If you sell a flat and dull version, too, how do you deal with those that complain "But I wanted that fur I saw in the galleries...".

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls