Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Postwork

Dryden opened this issue on Jul 13, 2006 · 20 posts

JenX posted Sat, 09 September 2006 at 3:56 PM

Some people are good at postwork.  Some people have the equipment/software/whatever to do it.  If they're good at it, I say more power to ya.
Some people suck at it.  Some people don't have the equipment.  Whatever.  They either make do with what they have, or they push not only their program, but their talents, to the limit.
And, yes, in the end, it's all Art.  It may be a different type of art, but it's still art. 

We all have our own opinions.  We all know the saying, I don't need to repeat it ;) 

I don't usually do postwork, mostly because I'm just not that adept at it.  I do, however, do pre-work, meaning textures, lighting, etc.  I have the equipment, but I don't have the skill that goes with painting delicate items, such as lace, gauze, or hair.  I'll texture them in on an object if I can.  I am more skilled at manipulating materials and surfaces than painting the effects in afterward.  Do I look down at someone who postworks?  Nope.  They're artists, I'm an artist. 

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.