Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Don't leave us Poser 4 people out

BillyGoat opened this issue on Sep 07, 2006 · 45 posts

XFX3d posted Sat, 09 September 2006 at 4:15 PM

Quote - Oh and PS as to you last post XFX3d... I'm not calling anyone names, nor putting them down for their views, well with the exception of E-frontier for not fully implimenting their product. I find it somewaht telling that you must resort to that sort of thing to "support" your point of view rather than keeping the discussion at an adult level and on the merits of the software!

I didn't say anything about E-Frontier not fully implementing their software. Since I didn't mention it or refer to it, and only referred to the fact that they were still selling P4 (as Poser Artist), then I don't see how I could have resorted to such a thing to refer to my point of view.

I also do not think the merits of the software are a valid point of discussion.

I do think the laziness of some content creators is a valid point of discussion, and that when some content creators actually yell at potential customers for not using hte version the content creator would prefer, any possibility of an 'adult level' has already flown out the window.

I also find that when people use arguments such as 'you didn't argue the way I want and are thus immature' to be rather pathetic tactics. Give up on that crap, please. I'm not immature because I didn't argue the way you wanted me to, and if I wanted to argue immaturity I might say something about shouting what effectively amounts to 'No fair! Baby!' when things don't go your way.

3DSMax 8 is far superior, after all. Should I only rig my content for it because I have it and it's better and they should go buy a copy?

Blender has superior functionality, too, and has animation extensions and some hella free rendering engines, and is free itself, along with a few other animation engines, so I can nip the pricetag issue in the bud there ahead of time.

If a merchant wants to be lazy, then whatever, do so. Don't list the stuff outside of the P5+ categories, though and clearly mark it such. But I still think it's lazy. If a merchant is that concerned with doing the P4 development him or herself, go buy a copy of Poser Artist. It's not particularly expensive and it's a development investment, thus it comes off your taxes.

But again, what it comes down to is that a merchant has no right to demand the market bend tto their whims and any merchant who thinks so is living in a dreamworld.

I'm the asshole. You wanna be a shit? You gotta go through ME.