Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Don't leave us Poser 4 people out

BillyGoat opened this issue on Sep 07, 2006 · 45 posts

XFX3d posted Sat, 09 September 2006 at 4:22 PM

Quote - I thought that this is what we are talking about here.

Ahh, no, not at all. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm talking about when someone releases a texture for a figure or a new figure or a clothing conformer or whatever and it doens't use dynamic hair, dynamic cloth, displacement mapping, etc, and the seller doesn't make the modicum of effort to make it P4 compatible, such as generating some RSR thumbnails and doing somehting about the version control number.

There's a grey area there, too, for instance if a merchant makes a suit of 'shining armour' and makes use of raytrace reflection materials to get a specific bright-shiny-steel effect and then has to say 'I have no clue how these materials will come out in P4' -- I can see and understand that, too, though it'd be nice to see an effort made to get as close as possible in P4.

For any potential customers who use P4 but bought something for P5 and above (or even who bought something for ProPack and only have 4.03) -- open the library files and delete the whole block that says:

version
    {
    number X
    }

it's unnecesary and will at least get rid of those annoying 'This content was made in a higher version of Poser. Poser will attemot to read it anyway' messages. Then see if the rest of it works.

I'm the asshole. You wanna be a shit? You gotta go through ME.