Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Don't leave us Poser 4 people out

BillyGoat opened this issue on Sep 07, 2006 · 45 posts

XFX3d posted Sat, 09 September 2006 at 7:10 PM

Quote - Yes, I personally LIKE the added features in P6 and have a hard time understanding why others don't. I do think that those added features haven;t been use enough for others to see their merit, and blame E-Frontier for that! If that makes me lazy well then I guess I am. I'm NOT a WHINY CHILD about it but I also don't think I should be MADE to support a program I don;t have. That is my stand on this. If you don;t like it, well, that's your problem, bub, not mine.

For the record, I like those added features, too. I also know that some people think there are too many controls to fiddle with, such that they need to be sorted into seperate 'rooms'. And I do think that products which use those features are good and will encourage people to move on.

As I said, I have nothing against coercing people to move on by tempting them with cool stuff. Honestly I think that Stonemason's many displacement-based sets have probably done more in this way all by themselves than anything else, really.

But there's a difference between offering amazing stuff that only works in P5 because it uses P5 capabilities that P4 lacks (thus enticing people to use it), and stoming one's feet and demanding people use a different version if they don't want to.

In all honesty, if someone really doesn't want to support P4 as a merchant, they lose that chunk of sales, and it's automatic karma, regardless of the percentage. Fine.

However, coming into a thread where some user has gone to the effort of posting his desires to see P4 support continue and telling him why he shouldn't and why he's hopelessly behind the times and so on is downright rude, and if I seem annoyed it's because I am.

The original poster of this request asked for P4 support, and since it was the PS forum also (perhaps unwittingly) provided an opportunity for those merchants of us who DO choose to continue to support a perfectly good and (via Poser Artist) officially concurrent, if limited program (even if it lacks certain coolnesses that P5 and up have) to say so, which is helpful to said poster because he can find those of us who do provide the support he seeks.

The fact that some people effectively flamed him for asking, and others felt a need to jump in defending why they didn't want to provide the support he asked for is not good customer service. I do find it Ironic that I, who have a rep for pissing people including potential customers off, am the one recognising that scolding a P4 user for not upgrading to the merchant's preference is rather low and terrible customer service. Honestly, in this particular thread, if certain merchants weren't willing to support P4, they should have just kept quiet about it because this was obviously aimed at the merchants who either do and wanted to be found for such, or who were willing to.

I was the most impressed by the poster above who basically stated they had been doing P5 content, but when they get to morph sets and such they plan to include P4 support because with products like that because they can. That's good customer service, and polite.

I'm the asshole. You wanna be a shit? You gotta go through ME.