Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making clothes

IO4 opened this issue on Sep 09, 2006 · 13 posts

patorak posted Mon, 11 September 2006 at 11:25 AM

Hi IO4!

Try modelling both dynamic and conforming clothes.  As for the definition of the different types,  let's see if I can give it a go.  Dynamic clothes are props that drape over a figure,  utilizing the cloth room.  Conforming clothes are rigged figures that move in unison with the base figure,  utilizing the pose room.  Though,  I'm sure the manual has a better explanation than the one i've just given. 

Like you, I've had trouble finding tutorials ( a lot of the ones I had bookmarked are gone. ).  Though,  I did manage to find one site that looks promising,  here is the link    mystic-nights.com

As for 3d modelling,  I usually experiment first with the different techniques ( i.e.  box modelling,   sub-patch,  poly by poly,  or spline ) then,  I choose a technique best suited to the particular look I want. 

I have to admit my knowledge of Blender is nil.  I'm a Lightwave user   Although,  here is another link that may help in that aspect.     www.cgtalk.com
Also, check out the Blender forum here.

One more thing before I go,  If you get the chance,  buy the book " Secrets of Figure Creation with Poser 5"  by BLRender.  I highly recommend it.

If you have anymore questions feel free to drop me a line at    chieftanoclan7@sbcglobal.net

Cheers!
patorak