Forum: Community Center

Subject: slow site,multiple comments and dial up..suck..

Primal opened this issue on Aug 21, 2006 · 88 posts

StaceyG posted Thu, 14 September 2006 at 8:12 PM

Quote - > Quote -

But what about being able to at least choose if we want all the gallery comments on one page or spread out over several pages for some artists? That issue is still being ignored. **I will see if we can maybe do something about having an option to set in your Gallery options on how you would like to see comments. Not promising but I will check on this. Please understand that even if this is something we can implement it will be on a list that we will have to prioritize .
What about the quirky ebots that sometimes you get, sometimes you don't and sometimes you get them 2 - 3 days after the fact? Again...no response. And don't tell me it's my ISP, thank you, when I see several others posting with the same problem that do not use my ISP. Don't tell me it's going into my spam filter either when I have the ability to check my junk mail and every address Renderosity has ever had is in my address book and therefore deemed by my mail to NOT be spam.

**Okay on the ebot issue, I don't know what to say here because since we resolved the issue awhile back only a handful are saying this so not being harsh but if it was something on our end I would think there would be alot more alerting to this problem like there was when indeed we had an issue. Now with that being said, we will go through the tracking process again and all just as we did before but again that will be on the list that will have to be prioritized once the conversion pieces are done.
Let's talk about site speed..... You now hope it's where it should be after the conversion is completed? You told us that converting the MP and the Galleries and the Forums would increase site speed. You've made announcements that these areas are converted. So logic says the speed should be improved, yet according to the poll listed, the opposite is true.

The site speed will be looked into very soon and depending on what the issue is will determine how long it will take to resolve.  And to be honest as I said before it is faster for most since we started the conversion than it was for most on the old .ez side, not saying its where we want it to be but there has been some improvement since the conversion started. Please keep in mind that we aren't done with the conversion yet as I've stated.  And whatever this issue is with the site speed will have to be researched  like why the intermittent slowness and those kinds of things will play a part in determining what it will take to get the speed where it needs to be.

Please be sure and take the Community Survey and make your suggestions and tell your issues there so that I can gather all the data and see what the biggest concerns are so they can be addressed in this prioritized list.