Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Which programs to use?

AlLewis opened this issue on Sep 13, 2006 · 34 posts

AlLewis posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 4:31 AM

Surely you don't think I'm stupid enough to think there isn't a learning curve?

But....the only way I learned enough about Photoshop, was to be put under pressure to get some projects done....it took about a month of evenings to learn what I actually needed....but I know there is still more to pick up.

I learned by making errors and found out how to correct them, largely on my own, but also by picking up the odd tip from other people. The same applies with watercolour, airbrush, oils or carpentry....you never stop learning, but if needs must, you sometimes have to do things in a hurry, regardless.

The same applies here....so I'm sorry if I am picking your brains.

As a matter of interest, how do we all stand on the subject of copyright?.....If the software is available freely and legitimately, plus the image is something newly created using the material avavailable, is there any likelihood that I would infringe copyright?

Regarding the PC ....it is in all truth nearer to $3400.....But you try living in the UK! Mind you it is a purpose built  AMD 64 X2 4600 with 2G DDR2 memory and two monitors, plus a huge black case which if they can't bury me in it, they can keep rabbits in it.

Thanks, Al.....off to figure out render settings and what that all means, plus catch up on urgent 'manual' work.