Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Which programs to use?

AlLewis opened this issue on Sep 13, 2006 · 34 posts

AlLewis posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 1:34 PM

Thank you all again....It seems I have a lot of options over which way to go and which need some careful consideration....I'm gonna copy all your replies and advice and sit down and read them carefully.

Unfortunately right now, I have four architectural illustrations on the go at the same time (like a production line....four skies, four sets of roofs, millions of trees etc etc).....none with digital input!....so you can imagine I am under pressure.

My need for the Poser/Daz route is for something completely different.....I have 8 audio CD covers to do, all with the same woman, in different poses, in different clothes in different environments, all verging on fantasy...If I use the usual route (airbrush) I run the risk of a cock-up, or  a bad likeness or more.....Poser or Daz seems logical, clean, easily corrected errors, probably quicker and less dangerous....I can't tell you how many times my scalpels have slid off my board!....one stuck in my leg....luckily my leg and not my lap. 

The ideas are in my head so all I have to do is get them onto PC....Unfortunately I don't have the time to 'make' clothes and hair, so they will have to be purchased....although I would like to know how to 'make'  them.

I am on an extra fast learning curve here, so I am probably going to miss certain things you tell me, so sorry if I repeat a question already answered.....when it comes to PCs etc, I am a bit on the slow side....if they ran on petrol it would be brilliant....race tuning motorcycle engines is a doddle.

Thanks to all again.

Al.