Forum: Bryce

Subject: Just a few thoughts, read please...

draculaz opened this issue on Sep 17, 2006 ยท 32 posts

RodsArt posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 12:00 PM

I guess it's about 5 years give or take a few months since I've been here, and I've seen so many come and go. Yes, summer attendance does drop off considerably, and also the effect of changes here has lead to a large switch up from old to new members. Many old dogs don't like new tricks, and the new dogs on the block don't see this place as the veterans do.

Getting back to the basics of creating an inviting atmosphere where newer people feel challenged and rewarded with a sense of belonging is a great way to revive this place. Listening to the feedback of change can sour anyones taste. So Yes, a change in the wind can definately make this a worthwhile place when the focus is on the shared efforts and challenges.

Another thought too....Everbody loves it when their team is winning, and just recently there is a boost of revitilazation in our beloved Bryce, so this is certainly a good time to rev up the place most of us at one time considered home away from home. I would almost put money on the fact then when rubber of "6" hits the road, there's going to be a pretty large re-influx of patrons here, all buzzin, and excited.

So.....Some patience and faithful effort sounds like a good thing to these "Old Dog" ears. (hehe...and I'm not even one of the oldest Bryce dogs in the neighborhood).

Thanks Mihn, Phil, you other RG's too

Rod

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple