Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Studio to Poser 5 Conversion

shg0816 opened this issue on Sep 14, 2006 · 59 posts

svdl posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 1:02 PM

Quote - You can always export the whole scene in OBJ and import it into Poser

Actually, that's funny. The 3Delight render engine employted by DAZ|Studio is VERY capable. It's just that D|S lacks the features to really make use of the render engine.

3Delight can be downloaded as a standalone render engine, and I ran into a Python script that can export a Poser scene preparing it for rendering using 3Delight. Haven't tried it yet, but I have seen some awesome 3Delight renders.

So going the other way around - exporting the Poser scene so that it can be rendered using the 3Delight render engine - would be a more logical option.

Importing a D|S option into Poser is useful if you want to take advantage of Poser's materials and polygon smoothing capabilities. Then you might even consider exporting it again to take advantage of the 3Delight render engine!

As things stand now, I have the impression that Poser pushes Firefly to its limits, while DAZ|Studio can grow a lot more before 3Delight gets into trouble.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff