Forum: Community Center

Subject: Don't Ya get bored with it?

thefixer opened this issue on Sep 19, 2006 ยท 74 posts

micsteel posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 7:54 PM

'Rosity is fun. Sometimes, drama is, too. So in the interest of drama, I will pose this:

I have seen art get pulled, that did NOT violate the TOS.

It can be said that opinions vary, but to me, words are your power. If you say, for example, "no nude child models" and use that as justification for pulling images of half-dressed--or even nude--adults, you have reduced the power of your words. Much of that, and you become a pathetic liar.

We live in a society that shuns pleasure, unless it's self-destructive or painful. Just look at our movies, if you need proof: It's okay to depict murder and gory battles and serial killers and vicious terrorists as heros (e.g., "Go ahead: Make my day!"), but it's not okay if Bambi kisses Thumper. (What, you never saw Bambi kiss Thumper? Exactly!) Further evidence can be found in what is referred to as "comedy": If it makes us laugh, you can bet it's because someone is hurting.

So naturally the team at Renderosity has a hard time knowing what to pull! Society is so concerned with the concept of "political correctness" that people's feelings are ignored! One whining...

Okay, I'll stop now. I have a thing for honesty, and it hurts me that the society I live in doesn't know the meaning of the word.

None of this is meant to incite riots or flames. I'm sorry if anyone is offended by it. (No, I'm not apologizing: If I was wrong, I wouldn't post it in the first place. I am empathetic, though.) My viewpoint is that of an extra-terrestrial: I'm just visiting this planet.

Thank the Goddess!

:)