Forum: Bryce

Subject: What are your favourite Bryce tips and tricks?

diolma opened this issue on Sep 21, 2006 ยท 46 posts

diolma posted Fri, 22 September 2006 at 4:59 PM

I applied the photo using the "picture" tab in the terrain editor. I loaded it into the 1st (ie left-most) picture slot, then copied it and pasted it into the middle slot (leaving the middle slot empty de-saturates the pic..) Went back to the "main" terrain editor, added som erosion ans some smoothing. exited terrain editor and entered the mat editor. Applied "Mossy Rock" texture, then twiddled with it in the DTI (just changing colours).

The result is seen above. Slightly rotated in X and the cam has been rotated too look down somewhat..

It's not intended as foreground, just as background. Need more background? Create another terrain an do the same with a different pic:-))

What I like about this approach is that by using real-life photosyou can get a very realistic combination of "random" versus "regular" (something not easily achievable using functin/fractals)

BTW, the above image is in no way intended to be any sort of a finished image. Just food for thought, and a possible technique

DRAT! Now I've got hiccups! hope I can manage to to post this before I have to go to bed...

Regrets if the above isn't clear enough. I'm now in no condition to explain in detail....

Will be back tomorrow..

Cheers,
Diolma

Oh, and apologies to anyone who thinks I'm trying to teach Grandma to suck eggs! I still haven't worked out how to do a "holed egg" in Bryce, let alone a Grandma...