Forum: Community Center

Subject: Don't Ya get bored with it?

thefixer opened this issue on Sep 19, 2006 · 74 posts

Hawkfyr posted Fri, 22 September 2006 at 5:12 PM

**"Tom did I forget anybody?"**

Well..there is a "Little Mermaid" type princess character who thinks all are going to hell except her.(Excellent stereotypical snob character)

Then there's the Betty Boop type character who appears only in Black and White. (Excellent stereotypical washed up career character complete with all of the self destructive behaviors)

I think that's about it as far as the characters, but the real hoot is that it is an animated spoof on the "Reality TV" craze that, for some unknown reason, has gripped the TV here in the US.(But they poke fun at much more than just Reality TV)

All of these animated characters live in the same house and it follows the typical Reality TV format.(Thus the title "Drawn Together")

It takes a rather twisted mind, and the ability to laugh at one's self to find the humor in "Drawn Together" But I love it.

To say I'm not a big fan of Reality TV is an understatement...I just don't "Get it" I suppose. But Drawn Together is my favorite reality TV show...and it's "animated" (Ya see...I told you one had to be twisted to like it...lol)

It's on Cable (Comedy Central) so it's a little more tolerated than Janet exposing boobage on "Network"TV Gasps But yeah...we Americans can be a strange bunch. I'm sure, at times, other counties can do little else but just shake thier heads in bewilderment at some of our cultural practices.

Anyway...I have a Leather Teddy too but one of it's eyes fell off and he's a bit ragged now.

Interesting, a guy that said he was leaving earlier in the week, has posted a comment on an image tonight!

Kinda makes my first point don't it!!!!!

You had a point?...Do tell.

8 )

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”