Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser is for Perverts?

Robo2010 opened this issue on Sep 22, 2006 ยท 268 posts

arcady posted Sat, 23 September 2006 at 12:40 AM

Quote - Just yesterday I deleted all my gallery pics with nudity as I feel that I've been hipcritical in my religous faith...

Enlgish political scholar Thomas Hobbes in Leviathon, written in the 1500s to explain why human beings were allowed to have government in the absense of the rule by the grace of the divine once known under Abraham to David, noted that original sin was not the eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge, but wearing clothing.

His argument?

Eating the fruit was not wrong becuase humanity had not yet learned the difference between right and wrong - they had no knowledge upon which to know that disobeying the divine was wrong. After eating the fruit however they covered their bodies in shame - yet they were made in the image of the divine, and so they were therefore shameful of the divine - and that is a sin.

It's a pretty good argument when you think about it. To be shameful of nakedness is to say the divine is something to be ashamed of. If that isn't a sin... there isn't much that could be.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery