Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser is for Perverts?

Robo2010 opened this issue on Sep 22, 2006 · 268 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Mon, 25 September 2006 at 9:16 AM

Attached Link: http://www.sarcasmsociety.com/

> Quote - **No That's Not Ironic**

Once in a while (actually, it happens quite often) one runs across a coworker, acquaintance, or total stranger who uses words without knowing what they actually mean. For example, one time I had a supervisor who laughed at a coworker who was not familiar with the frescos of the Sistine Chapel. In breaking the news to this coworker, he said, "How can you not know what the Sixteenth Chapel is?". At first I couldn't believe my ears, but I composed myself, and tried to confirm what my ears had heard. So I asked him to repeat the name of the fresco. This time he deliberately pronounced each syllable slowly so that I could really learn; "It's the Sixteenth Chapel", he said.

Now what does the above story have to do with irony, you ask? Well, read the How to Recognize Irony tutorial to understand.

From the Sarcasm Society.  Their motto:

Sarcasm Society

We Would Love to Hear What You Think

BTW - the word "sarcasm" derives from two Greek words -- and it literally means "to tear flesh".

Sarcasm I now see to be, in general, the language of the devil; for which reason I have long since as good as renounced it. - Thomas Carlyle

The satirist is prevented by repulsion from gaining a better knowledge of the world he is attracted to, yet he is forced by attraction to concern himself with the world that repels him.Italo Calvino

That last quotation explains a lot about certain types of forum activity, methinks.

What was the topic again.......I forget............?

Something To Do At 3:00AM