Forum: Community Center

Subject: Do you monitor site mail?

Primal opened this issue on Sep 26, 2006 · 107 posts

StaceyG posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 1:47 PM

Cliff-dweller

The bottom line for you and other members is that the TOS states (and everyone agreed to the TOS when joining and this section has been there for a long long time) if needed we can review site mails. We do not MONITOR site mails, we don't just go in for no good reason and read. Debbie didn't go in and read the site mails or the error in thinking the spams were coming from Renderosity sytems wouldn't have happened so she hasn't got a "clear willingness" to do so or she would have then. She was letting the person know that if we got reports of this again she could and would which is totally understandable.

So that is the answer to the question plain and simple.

What I have asked several times and no one seems to want to answer is  why would you agree in the first place then now act shocked? I just can't get my hands around that because if I had questions about what that meant, I would have asked upon reading the TOS when registering. All members can rest assured that as long as you aren't abusing the Renderosity systems by threatening, harrassing, attacking and spamming we aren't concerned about what is in your Site Mails. That is the way its always been and the way it will continue to be.  As stated the only time this happens is when there is good reason to,  so anyone who isn't using the Renderosity mail system to do the things listed above, don't have to be concerned with anyone reading their site mails.

While I am at it let me also be clear that if we have to review site mails for the above listed behaviors, we aren't looking at everything there, we are looking at the direct mail to the person being threatened, attacked, harrassed or spammed. And we can tell that without drilling into the site mails each but by looking at subject line and username sent to.

I'm not sure how much more clear I can answer the original question than how I have.