Forum: Fractals

Subject: Large Scale Image theft

Rykk opened this issue on Sep 29, 2006 · 10 posts

Rykk posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 9:33 PM

Oh, ok - I just thought I'd seen a discussion on the Mailing List about prevention of copying. I stand - actually I'm sitting, butanyhow - corrected about the right click stuff. Spouting off about something I don't know... Thanks for the info.

Still, I think artists who would like to make a go of at least a side job of their art or offer prints at their websites ought to watermark. I know it crushes your groove when you look at a pic but I always am able to look past the watermark, especially since the thumbnail sorta sets the tone and prepares you for the bigger image anyhow.

Here's something - I think it was at Harmen's website(?). Or at Keith's idreamincolor.com? I saw a site once that had thumbs vertical along the side of the page. When you hovered over the thumb, a large version appeared in the center of the page. As soon as you moved your cursor off of the thumb, the big image went away. Seems like that would help a lot, ya think? No way to right click because the big one went away b4 you could get your cursor on it.

Rick