Forum: Fractals

Subject: Wow! Get a great deal on UltraFractal 4!

tresamie opened this issue on Sep 30, 2006 ยท 13 posts

Rykk posted Wed, 04 October 2006 at 7:52 AM

I think the Explore function is in the Standard version as well as the Animation version? I bought the ani version just to help out and because I actually owed Frederik $29 for UF2.04 from way back when. He was unable to cash a personal check from an American bank at that time but didn't send it back for a year. And I just always seemed to forget to send him a cashiers check back. So maybe now we're square. He was never worried about it and had said not to worry about sending a second check. So, karma - what goes around comes around and that means the good stuff as well and especially...

There are some funkies with the ani version that might bug you. The insertion of random seeming "Key Change" steps in thr History tab is weird. For animations, there is an extra option in many parameters to "Insert Key". I never do ani's, just bought it to square up with what I felt I owed. If you inadvertently insert a key, it will slow rendering a non animated WAY down. I did that once when I first got it and one of the folks who REALLY know how UF works found it for me. But if it's not in the standard version, the Explore function is well worth the extra $$. Though it does take out some of the 'thrill of the hunt" out of searching for just the right parameter values. But then, you'll find things you probably never would have found so....

c-ya!

Rick