Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Article in German c't magazine on forthcoming copy protection & CuriousLabs

MartinC opened this issue on Apr 24, 2001 ยท 134 posts

Darth_Wookie posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 1:14 PM

I eagerly await an update for the pro pack to fix my problems with max 4, but I am not sure its worth it to upgrade now that my ease of use is decreased. I do understand Curious Labs' stand on the warez, but were your sales REALLY suffering? It is said over and over that the people who bootleg software NEVER pay for software, and that is completely true in my opinion. I think there would be a big loss of customers on account of this convenience we all had, which will soon be taken away, with every update we download, and have Curious Labs control my use of the program, that is a bad thing for me. This is all like saying, if I bought a video game, (if bought it should become MY POSESSION) but if the company has total control of my ownership of that game, then I guess it really wouldnt be owning it! Software should be treated as property, and if I bought lets say.... Poser 5, I think it should be my property, not to be controlled by the company, and have them check me each day to make sure I am not pirating anything.