Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Article in German c't magazine on forthcoming copy protection & CuriousLabs

MartinC opened this issue on Apr 24, 2001 ยท 134 posts

ookami posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 3:00 PM

At least be fair and recognize the fact that after MC dumped Poser, it was Larry, Steve and the Poser dev gang that formed Curious Labs and they are still supporting Poser today. They have supported all the different forums around here as well as many of the independent developers. We've been loyal to them, and they've been loyal back. Until I heard about this new "copy protection" I would have agreed. Now it just feels like they were setting me up for the big fall. I've been a Poser user since it was just Poser. I've faithfully upgraded my Poser until I lost my originals... then I went out and bought a new copy. I think it's a great program. But if they are really going to try and pull this bullsht on me, they're off my Christmas card list... PERMANENTLY. Look at it this way... if I'm married, and my wife is great, and for the last few years she's been a great and supportive wife... and then you find out that she's just screwed your best friend... um... somehow, all that support she's given you doesn't mean so much. Yes... I know... EXTREME example... but HELL... I've used Poser longer than I've been married... and now the company that I've been faithfully supporting is trying to pull this sht?! I'm sorry... that doesn't scan with me.