Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Article in German c't magazine on forthcoming copy protection & CuriousLabs

MartinC opened this issue on Apr 24, 2001 ยท 134 posts

Zoot posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 6:19 PM

Yes, A_Super_Hero, it can be done! They just read the ID number of your computor's CPU, so your fdisk session has no impact. Of course a lot of legitimate users will rip a warez copy...you know... just in case... And once you've got it - why bother to call CL or visit their site? There's a lot of softtalk from the CL defenders but it's the same words we have heard from Microsoft all these years and they are still mastering your computor life! I don't think software companies are aware of how often we common users are reistalling our operating systems and programs or formatting our hard drives. I will never ever purchase WindowsXP, 'cause I don't want Microsoft snooping around inside my computor and I certainly have no intention to get in touch with them every time I'd like to rearrange my hard drives. And for the same reason Poser 4 will be the end of the road (and I am a legal owner of every version!). - Zoot